...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST this morning... ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to 11 am EST Saturday...
* locations...Mohawk Valley and the Lake George Saratoga region.
* Hazard types...snow this morning and dangerous wind chills tonight into Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates...up to one inch per hour.
* Timing...periods of snow will continue through morning. Snow will taper to snow showers by afternoon.
* Impacts...snow covered roads and low visibility will make for hazardous travel.
* Winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures...25 to 30 this morning...falling into the 20s this afternoon and down to zero to 10 below tonight.
* Wind chill readings...as low as 24 below.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Allow extra time to reach your destination.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.