...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to 9 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 9 am EST Friday.
* Locations...southern Adirondacks...Mohawk Valley and the Lake George Saratoga region.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates...up to one inch per hour.
* Timing...snow will overspread the Adirondacks early this evening...and work across the Mohawk Valley and Lake George Saratoga region prior to midnight.
* Impacts...snow covered and slippery roads making for hazardous travel.
* Winds...south 5 to 15 mph with occasional gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...20 to 25 degrees.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Allow extra time to reach your destination.