...Red flag warning remains in effect from 9 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening for northeast New Jersey and southeast New York...
* affected area...northeast New Jersey and southeast New York.
* Winds...northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity...as low as 11 percent.
* Timing...late this morning through this evening.
* Impacts...rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels will create critical fire weather conditions.