...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 PM EST Monday...
* locations...central portions of the lower Hudson Valley... interior portions of northeastern New Jersey...and much of southern Connecticut.
* Hazard types...heavy snow...sleet...and freezing rain.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 9 inches...along with around one quarter to one half inch of ice.
* Timing...tonight through Monday. Heavy snow late tonight into Monday morning...changing to a mixture of snow...sleet...and freezing rain...then changing back to snow in the afternoon.
* Temperatures...in the mid to upper 20s.
* Winds...east winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph in the morning. Northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph late Monday.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times late tonight into early Monday morning.
* Snowfall rates...occasionally 1 to 2 inches per hour late tonight into early Monday morning.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and significant snow...sleet and ice accumulations.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.