...Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening for northeast Pennsylvania and portions of central New York...
* affected area...most of northeast Pennsylvania...and the western Catskills and Susquehanna region in New York.
* Winds...northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity...as low as 18 percent.
* Temperatures...highs in the 50s.
* Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is strongly discouraged.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.