Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:47 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to
noon EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 10 PM this evening to noon EST Monday.
* Locations... Mohawk Valley... Schoharie valley... greater capital
district... eastern Catskills... Taconics... Mid Hudson
valley... the Berkshires and Litchfield Hills.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Ice accumulations... up to one tenth of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... one to three inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates... up to one half inch per hour.
* Timing... snow will develop this evening and then
transition to sleet and freezing rain late tonight or early
Monday morning and then all rain by Monday afternoon.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations
- Averill Park
- Burden Lake
- Castleton On Hudson
- Center Brunswick
- Dunham Hollow
- Eagle Mills
- East Greenbush
- East Poestenkill
- East Schodack
- Glass Lake
- North Greenbush
- Schodack Landing
- Snyders Corners
- Snyders Lake
- South Schodack
- Valley Falls
- West Sand Lake