... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM Monday to 10 am
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for freezing rain... sleet and snow... which is in
effect from 1 PM Monday to 10 am EST Tuesday.
* Locations... the eastern Catskills... greater capital
district... Taconics... Mid Hudson valley... the Berkshires and the
* Hazard types... freezing rain... sleet and snow.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 4
inches... along with a tenth to a quarter of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow will develop from south to north Monday afternoon
and transition to sleet and freezing rain late Monday evening
before changing to rain Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions especially Monday night
into early Tuesday morning.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid to upper 20s... .rising into the mid
30s early Tuesday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Rensselaer Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:14 PM EST Feb. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service
Issued: 6:20 AM EST Feb. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Record low temperature set at Albany NY...
A record low temperature of 13 degrees below zero has been set at
Albany NY this morning... February 14. This breaks the old record of
10 below zero set on this date in 1987. The temperature could still
drop and if it does... another record event report will be sent.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Averill Park
- Burden Lake
- Castleton On Hudson
- Center Brunswick
- Dunham Hollow
- Eagle Mills
- East Greenbush
- East Poestenkill
- East Schodack
- Glass Lake
- North Greenbush
- Schodack Landing
- Snyders Corners
- Snyders Lake
- South Schodack
- Valley Falls
- West Sand Lake