Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 11:40 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 2 PM Wednesday to 11 am
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet... and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 2 PM Wednesday to 11 am EDT Thursday.
* Locations... greater capital region... northern Taconics... and
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Ice accumulations... up to a quarter of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates... around one inch per hour on Wednesday night.
* Timing... rain will transition to mixed precipitation of sleet
and freezing rain during the afternoon and evening hours on
Wednesday. The mixed precipitation will change to snow... locally
heavy at times... for Wednesday night... before tapering off to
snow showers on Thursday morning.
* Impacts... snow and ice covered roads and low visibility will
make for hazardous travel.
* Winds... northeast winds increasing to 10 to 20 mph during the
day... then shifting to the northwest at night... with gusts up
to 35 mph possible.
* Temperatures... in the 30s on Wednesday afternoon... falling into
the single digits and teens for Wednesday night into Thursday
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations
- Beckers Corners
- Bethlehem Center
- Coeymans Hollow
- Feura Bush
- Green Island
- Guilderland Center
- South Bethlehem
- Stuyvesant Plaza
- Thompsons Lake