... Wind chill warning remains in effect from 1 PM Saturday to
1 PM EST Sunday...
* locations... Mohawk Valley... greater capital region... Lake
George Saratoga region... Mid Hudson valley... Taconics...
Berkshires and Litchfield Hills.
* Hazard types... dangerous to potentially life threatening wind
* Wind chill readings... as low as 25 below to 45 below.
* Timing... Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.
* Impacts... wind chills will reach dangerous to potentially life
threatening levels. Frigid temperatures have the potential to
result in frozen pipes... frostbite and hypothermia in a short
amount of time.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... 5 below to 20 below by Saturday night.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and
strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values. This
will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia or death if
precautions are not taken.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Saratoga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 3:32 PM EST Feb. 12, 2016 – National Weather Service