...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am this morning to 7 am EST Thursday...
* locations...western and southern Adirondacks and the western Mohawk Valley.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Snow accumulations...3 to 8 inches...with the higher totals in the southeast Adirondacks.
* Maximum snowfall rates...up to one inch per hour possible this afternoon into early evening.
* Timing...snow will overspread the area between late morning and early afternoon. The snow will be heaviest during the afternoon into the evening with the snow tapering off late tonight.
* Impacts...this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel... making driving dangerous at times with snow covered roads and poor visibilities.
* Visibilities...less than one mile at times.
* Winds...north 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.