... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening for all of east central New York and western Massachusetts...
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds... south to southwest at 10 to 15 mph... with gusts of 20
to 30 mph.
* Timing... 12 PM this afternoon to 8 PM this evening.
* Relative humidity... values as low as 25 to 30 percent.
* Temperatures... mid 70s to lower 80s.
* Impacts... fires may spread rapidly and uncontrollably.
A red flag warning means that dangerous fire weather conditions
are expected due to the combination of gusty winds... low relative
humidities... and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly
get out of control and become difficult to contain.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Fulton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:42 AM EDT on May 04, 2015