...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST Friday...
* locations...southern Adirondacks...Mohawk Valley and the Lake George Saratoga region.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates...up to one inch per hour.
* Timing...snow will continue through the overnight hours. Snow will taper to snow showers around sunrise and end during the morning hours on Friday.
* Impacts...snow covered roads and low visibility will make for hazardous travel.
* Winds...south 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...in the 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Allow extra time to reach your destination.