...Wind chill warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the wind chill warning for dangerously cold wind chills...until 1 PM EST this afternoon.
* Locations...Saint Lawrence...Franklin...western Clinton and western Essex counties in northern New York.
* Hazard types...dangerously cold wind chills this morning.
* Wind chill readings...as low as 31 below due to temperatures 15 below to zero...and winds northwest 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Timing...dangerously cold wind chills will continue develop this morning...before temperatures warm late this morning into early afternoon.
* Impacts...bitterly cold wind chills of this magnitude are capable of developing frostbite on exposed skin in less than 15 minutes.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values. This will result in frostbite and lead to hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.