...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 11 am EST Saturday...
* locations...central New York and northeast Pennsylvania.
* Hazards...bitter cold wind chill temperatures.
* Wind chill readings...15 to 24 below zero.
* Temperatures...ranging from 5 above to 10 below zero later tonight and early Saturday.
* Winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph...with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts...bitterly cold wind chills will bring frostbite quickly to exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when winds combine with very cold temperatures to create dangerous conditions for exposed skin. The wind chill is expected to be cold enough to cause frostbite in about 30 minutes or less...and could lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. Those planning to venture outdoors should use common sense and dress warmly...making sure that all exposed skin is covered.