...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST Friday...
* locations...the higher terrain of southern Erie...Wyoming... Chautauqua...and Cattaraugus counties.
* Timing...through late Friday morning.
* Accumulations...an inch or less this afternoon...3 to 5 inches tonight...and an inch or less Friday.
* Winds...west 15 to 25 mph.
* Impacts...freezing rain will bring slippery spots to roads this morning. Accumulating snow will result in snow covered and slippery roads at times along with reduced visibility.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as light to moderate snow. While the weather will be significant...the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov...posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx