Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:00 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Wednesday morning through
* Locations... Eastern Lake Ontario region.
* Timing... early Wednesday morning through early Thursday
* Hazards... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow potentially accumulating 7 to 12 inches.
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snow may produce very difficult
travel conditions with snow covered roads and poor visibility.
Increasing winds will produce blowing and drifting snow
Wednesday afternoon and night.
* Forecaster confidence... medium. There remains some uncertainty
with the exact track of this system. Just a small change in the
low track would alter expected accumulations.
A Winter Storm Watch means that heavy snow accumulations are
possible. If you are within the watch area... remain alert to
rapidly changing weather conditions.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Barnes Corners
- Beaver Falls
- Beaver River
- Deer River
- Lake Bonaparte
- Lyons Falls
- New Breman
- Pine Grove
- Port Leyden
- South Rutland
- West Leyden
- West Lowville