...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 PM Thursday to 10 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 5 PM Thursday to 10 am EST Friday.
* Locations...Oswego...Jefferson...and Lewis counties. Greatest amounts expected across the higher terrain of the Tug Hill plateau and western foothills of the Adirondacks.
* Timing...from late Thursday afternoon through Friday morning.
* Accumulations...3 to 5 inches Thursday night...and around an inch Friday morning...leading to storm totals of 4 to 6 inches across higher terrain. Totals of 2 to 4 inches expected at lower elevations.
* Winds...south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph Thursday night becoming northwest by Friday morning.
* Visibilities...less than a half mile at times.
* Impacts...accumulating snow will result in snow covered and slippery roads at times along with reduced visibility.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as light to moderate snow. While the weather will be significant, the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov...posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx