...Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday. The lake Wind Advisory has been upgraded.
* Timing: winds will increase Saturday morning and continue through the afternoon...then diminish Saturday evening.
* Winds: southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Pyramid Lake wave heights: 2 to 5 feet. Highest waves from mid lake to north and east shores.
* Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles with travel restrictions possible on Highway 50. If you have outdoor decorations...make sure they are secured or brought indoors before Saturday morning.
Motorists...especially in high profile vehicles...should use caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio for updates on this situation.