...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Friday morning through Saturday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Friday morning through Saturday afternoon.
* Snow accumulations...significant snow accumulations of 4 inches or more are possible. The heaviest amounts will be closer to the Central Mountain chain...with lesser amounts near the Texas border.
* Timing...snow will start Friday morning and continue through much of the day on Saturday before gradually tapering off Saturday night.
* Winds...no significant winds are expected with this storm system.
* Snow levels...snow levels will fluctuate between the surface and just above the surface depending on the time of day. Therefore... rain may mix with snow...especially along the Texas border.
* Local impacts...heavy wet snow may accumulate on roadways...especially if snow rates are high. Winter driving conditions are possible.
Remember...a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable for a hazardous winter weather event in and close to the watch area. Monitor the latest forecasts at weather.Gov/abq...listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite media outlet.