...Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 6 PM MST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 9 am this morning to 6 PM MST this evening.
* Location...southern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 9500 feet...east slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains...Sandia and Manzano Mountains...Central Highlands...south Central Highlands...south central mountains...northeast Highlands... Harding County...eastern San Miguel County...Guadalupe County... Quay County...Curry County...Roosevelt County...De Baca County...eastern Lincoln County and southwest Chaves County.
* Winds...southwest to west 20 to 35 mph with gusts between 35 and 50 mph. The highest winds are most likely along and immediately east of the Central Mountain chain.
* Timing...strongest winds are most likely between 10 am and 4 PM north of Interstate 40 and between noon and 6 PM to the south.
* Visibility...as low as 2 or 3 miles in blowing dust with the stronger gusts
* local impacts...gusty cross winds will impact mainly southeast to northwest oriented roadways. High profile vehicles will be most affected by the winds on most highways.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra attention should be given to cross winds.