... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 am MST
A Winter Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain remains
in effect until 5 am MST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations... snow accumulations will range from a couple
of inches to around 6 inches. Greater snow accumulations
expected in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Accumulations of ice
are also possible across The Highlands and plains due to a
wintry mix of precipitation.
* Timing... precipitation will continue off and on through tonight
before tapering off early Saturday morning.
* Winds... generally northeast 15 to 25 mph today and east 10 to 20
* Snow levels... snow levels will vary due to warmer air trapped
above the surface... resulting in a wintry mix of precipitation.
* Local impacts... accumulations of ice may become covered with
accumulations of snow... creating extremely hazardous travel.
This includes Interstate 25 from the Glorieta Pass area to Raton
Pass and Interstate 40 from Clines Corners to east of Santa
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Moderate winds are
also possible. These weather factors will make travel very
hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Miguel County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 5:12 AM MST on November 27, 2015