... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 11 PM this evening
to 5 am MST Saturday...
A Winter Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain remains
in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 am MST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations... four to 8 inches of snow in the south
central mountains... with two to four inches elsewhere.
Accumulations of ice are also possible over Quay and De Baca
* Timing... precipitation is expected to become more widespread
late tonight through Friday night... before tapering off early
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph
Friday in the plains. East to southeast 10 to 20 mph Friday in
the south central mountains and eastern Lincoln County.
* Snow levels... snow levels will fall as significantly colder
air overspreads the region. However... some warmer air aloft
will lead to a wintry mix of precipitation for especially De
Baca and Quay counties.
* Local impacts... any accumulations of ice may become covered
with accumulations of snow... creating extremely hazardous
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 12:13 PM MST on November 26, 2015