Statement as of 9:56 PM MDT on March 14, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Saturday.
* Location... much of northwest and west central New Mexico as well
as the jemez... Sandia and Manzano Mountains and Albuquerque
* Winds... northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 or 55 mph.
* Timing... strong winds are expected to develop around midday
Saturday then diminish around sunset Saturday evening.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust.
* Local impacts... high profile vehicles will be impacted by strong
cross winds on southwest to northeast oriented highways. Loose
and lightweight objects may become airborne.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:30 PM MDT on March 14, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening...
A Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening.
* Area and timing... Saturday afternoon and early evening.
* 20 foot winds... sustained from the northwest at 25 to 35 mph
with gusts as high as 50 mph.
* Relative humidity... 12 to 15 percent Saturday afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Fire Weather Watch.
- High Wind Advisory
A high wind advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 mph or greater are expected to occur for at least 1 hour. This advisory can also be issued if winds of 46 mph or greater are expected for any length of time.
- Fire Weather Advisory
A fire weather advisory is issued when dry conditions in the advisory area result in a situation where forest or brush fires are possible.
Nearby Radar Stations