... Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
9 PM MDT this evening due to strong winds and low humidity...
* area affected: southwest and south-central New Mexico including
fire weather zones 110 111 112 and 113. Far West Texas including
fire weather zones 055 and 056.
* Timing: 1 PM to 9 PM MDT Saturday.
* Wind: west to southwest winds 20 to 25 mph at the 20-foot level
with gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity: minimum rh 5 to 10 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire growth potential.