Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:19 PM EST on March 03, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Wednesday night
through Thursday evening...
* hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... a coating into this evening...
then 4 to 8 inches possible Wednesday night and Thursday. The
amount of snow accumulation Wednesday night and Thursday will
depend on how quickly the rain changes to snow and if sleet
lasts longer during the transition.
* Ice accumulations... a light glaze through this evening.
* Timing... snow and sleet will quickly change to freezing rain
into this evening then to all rain through the overnight. Rain
should change to snow... possibly heavy at times... Wednesday
night and continue Thursday.
* Impacts... hazardous conditions on untreated surfaces through
this evening. There is the potential for significant travel
impacts Wednesday night and Thursday.
* Temperatures... around 30 degrees... then rising into the upper
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow... sleet and freezing
rain may cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery
roads and limited visibility. Use extra caution if driving...
especially on bridges and other elevated surfaces.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow and sleet accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to
monitor the latest forecasts.