Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:19 PM EST on March 03, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 10 PM EST this
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Wednesday night
through Thursday evening...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for sleet and freezing rain... which is in effect
until 10 PM EST this evening.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... a coating early this afternoon...
then 4 to 8 inches possible Wednesday night and Thursday. The
amount of snow accumulation Wednesday night and Thursday will
depend on how quickly the rain changes to snow and if sleet
lasts longer during the transition.
* Ice accumulations... a light glaze through early this evening.
* Timing... sleet will quickly change to freezing rain late this
afternoon and then rain by mid evening. Rain on Wednesday
evening should change to snow... possibly heavy at times...
late Wednesday night and continue Thursday.
* Impacts... slippery conditions on untreated surfaces through
this evening. There is the potential for significant travel
impacts late Wednesday night and Thursday.
* Temperatures... low 30s... then rising into the upper 30s late
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow and sleet accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to
monitor the latest forecasts.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while