... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 7 PM EST Thursday...
* locations... eastern Union County New Jersey... southern parts
of New York City... and Long Island.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches.
* Timing... rain mixes with sleet and snow this evening... before
changing to all snow after midnight. Snow may be heavy at times
late tonight through Thursday morning... before tapering off late
Thursday afternoon and into Thursday evening.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to reduced
visibilities... icy roads and significant snow accumulations.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Union Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:49 PM EST on March 04, 2015