...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday morning through Thursday evening for high winds and low relative humidity for the entire tri-state region...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Fire Weather Watch for high winds and low relative humidity...which is in effect from Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
* Affected area...the entire tri-state region.
* Winds...northwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity...as low as 17 percent.
* Timing...late Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
* Impacts...rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.