... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this
morning to 7 am EST Monday...
* locations... New York City... Long Island... northeast New
Jersey... the lower Hudson Valley and Fairfield County.
* Hazard types... snow... with freezing rain across New York
City... Long Island... most of northeast New Jersey... and
coastal portions of the lower Hudson Valley and Fairfield
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Timing... snow develops late this morning over western portions
of the tri-state... then expands over the remainder of the
advisory area this afternoon. The snow will mix with or change
to freezing rain across New York City... Long Island... most of
northeast New Jersey... and coastal portions of the lower Hudson
Valley and Fairfield County Sunday evening. The precipitation
will taper off from west to east after midnight tonight.
* Impacts... snow covered surfaces... coated with ice in areas...
will make traveling difficult at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Essex Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:24 AM EST on March 01, 2015
Statement as of 1:18 am EST on March 1, 2015
... Record low temperature set at Bridgeport CT...
A record low temperature of 6 degrees was set at Bridgeport CT
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 9 set in 2014.