... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM Monday to 7 am EST
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Winter Weather
Advisory for snow and freezing rain... which is in effect from 1
PM Monday to 7 am EST Tuesday.
* Locations... interior portions of southern Connecticut and the
lower Hudson Valley... and western Passaic and Bergen counties.
* Hazard types... snow and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches... along with
up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow develops Monday afternoon... then gradually mixes
with and changes to freezing rain... then rain by early Tuesday
* Impacts... roads... especially elevated and untreated
surfaces... will become slippery... making travel difficult. This
wintry mix will impact the Monday evening commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Bergen Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:45 PM EST Feb. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service