... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening for the tri-state area...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a red flag
warning for the tri-state area... which is in effect from noon
today to 8 PM EDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected area... northeast NJ... NYC Metro... Long Island...
southern CT... and lower Hudson Valley.
* Winds... sustained winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts 25 to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity... 20 to 30 percent.
* Timing... 12 PM to 8 PM today.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread if ignition occurs. A wind shift is
expected by this evening that may create additional hazards for
any ongoing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds... low
relative humidity... and dry fuels will create a significantly
elevated fire growth potential.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Bergen Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:49 AM EDT on April 18, 2015