... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 10 am this morning
to 10 PM EST this evening...
* hazard types... a wintry mix of precipitation.
* Ice accumulation... up to one tenth of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... up to 1 inch.
* Timing... snow will overspread the area later this morning into
this afternoon. A transition to sleet and freezing rain should
start occurring during the late afternoon and continue into the
evening. A change over to rain is expected before precipitation
tapers off overnight.
* Impacts... expect untreated surfaces to become slippery and
hazardous. Expect travel delays.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a Winter Weather Advisory
means that periods of freezing rain... snow or sleet will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving. Please give
yourself plenty of distance between yourself and all vehicles
around you. Also give yourself extra time to reach your
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Atlantic Coastal Cape May Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:43 AM EST on March 01, 2015