...Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening for low relative humidity and strong wind for eastern Pennsylvania...most of New Jersey...Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland...
* winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing...strongest winds will be late this morning into the early afternoon... with the lowest humidities from late morning into the early evening.
* Relative humidity...in the teens and 20s.
* Temperatures...mainly in the lower to mid 60s.
* Impacts...the combination of windy conditions and low relative humidity values will lead to a more rapid spread rate of any fires that may develop. Residents are encouraged to exercise fire prevention with any outdoor activities and properly dispose of smoking materials.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly due to a combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly get out of control and become difficult to contain.
For more information about wildfire danger...burn restrictions... and wildfire prevention and education...please visit your state forestry or environmental protection website.