...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 PM this evening to 7 am EST Monday...
* hazard types...snow, sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow accumulations...there is the potential for up to an inch or two of snow.
* Ice accumulations...there is the potential for up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing...light snow will move into our region from the west this evening. The snow is expected to mix with or change to sleet and freezing rain late tonight. The wintry precipitation is forecast change to rain on Monday morning.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions are expected for tonight. Lingering effects of the wintry precipitation overnight may have some impact on the Monday morning commute.
* Winds...southeast at 5 to 10 mph.
* Visibility...less than a half mile at times.
* Temperatures...mainly in the 30s.
This Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads, and use extra caution if driving. It does not take much ice to create slippery conditions on untreated surfaces, especially bridges and overpasses.