... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening for east central Pennsylvania and northern New
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening.
* Affected area... east central Pennsylvania and northern New
* Wind... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph in the
* Humidity... minimum afternoon values between 25 and 30 percent.
* Temperatures... afternoon highs near 70 in the southern Poconos,
70 to 75 across northwest New Jersey, and in the mid to upper
* Impacts... any fires that develop in the afternoon will likely
spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur due to a combination of strong winds... low
relative humidities... and dry fuels. Listen for later forecasts
and possible red flag warnings.
For more information about wildfire danger... burn restrictions...
and wildfire prevention and education... please visit your state
forestry or environmental protection website.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Warren Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:58 PM EDT on April 17, 2015