Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:03 PM EST on December 07, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM Sunday to 5 am EST
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 3 PM Sunday to 5 am EST Monday.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... 1 to 2 inches.
* Ice accumulations... 0.10 to 0.20 inches.
* Timing... snow is expected to overspread the area from south to
north Sunday afternoon and early evening. The snow will mix with
sleet late in the evening from southeast to northwest, then
change to freezing rain during the overnight. The wintry
precipitation is then forecast to change to plain rain early
* Impacts... hazardous travel will develop on untreated roadways.
Bridges and other elevated surfaces tend to ice up first.
* Temperatures... around 30, then slowly rising early Monday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations