... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon today to 10 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow which is in effect from noon today to
10 PM EDT this evening.
* Locations... the Poconos and Sussex County New Jersey.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 4 inches. Highest
totals in the higher terrain and on unpaved surfaces.
* Timing... rain and snow should start around midday and then
change to snow in higher terrain locations quickly. The change
to snow will work its way into the valleys later this afternoon
* Impacts... expect a slower afternoon and evening commute. Slushy
accumulations are likely on less traveled roadways and also on
bridges and overpasses. Visibilities will be reduced at times
under a mile.
* Temperatures... in the lower to mid 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sussex Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:39 AM EDT on March 31, 2015
- Barry Lakes
- Beaver Lake
- Byram Township
- Fredon Township
- Green Township
- Highland Lakes
- Lake Stockholm
- Silver Lake
- Wallpack Center