... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late tonight through
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late tonight through
* Impact... a wintry mix of precipitation will make travel
dangerous late Wednesday night through Thursday evening.
* Precipitation type... light freezing drizzle or freezing rain
will transition to sleet and snow.
* Precipitation accumulation... ice accumulation of one to two
tenths of an inch is possible from the freezing
precipitation... with the highest amounts expected south of a
line from Hebron Nebraska to Osborne Kansas. Sleet and snow
accumulations up to one inch are also forecast.
* Timing... freezing precipitation will begin early Thursday
morning... before transitioning to sleet then snow during the
* Uncertainty... any change in the timing of the arrival of cold
air will affect the precipitation type and accumulations.
* Winds... northerly 15 to 20 mph... gusting 25 to 30 mph.
* Wind chill... falling into the single digits by early Thursday
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Fillmore Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:11 AM CST on November 25, 2015