...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight CST tonight...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight CST tonight.
* Timing...freezing drizzle will continue until around 9 am this morning. Snow is expected this afternoon. Snow is possible late this morning.
* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches.
* Ice accumulations...a thin layer of ice will form on roadways this morning.
* Wind...north 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.
* Impacts...travel is not advised early this morning. Roads are ice covered from the freezing drizzle. Roadways will become snow and ice covered this afternoon. Occasional wind gusts to 25 mph will produce blowing snow. Visibility will fall to 1/2 mile in snow and blowing snow. Travel today and tonight will be difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.