Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:38 AM EDT on March 13, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM EDT this evening
for gusty winds and low relative humidity...
* affected area... all of eastern North Carolina... except for Outer
Banks Hyde County.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... from 11 am through 6 PM Thursday.
* Relative humidity... as low as 15 to 20 percent.
* Temperatures... in the mid 40s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds and low relative humidity can create explosive fire
Nearby Radar Stations