... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EST
* timing... rain changes to sleet and freezing rain after around
6 PM... and ends during the early morning hours Friday.
* Main impact... several tenths of an inch of sleet... and several
hundredths of an inch of ice accrual is possible. Some slick
spots may develop on mainly elevated surfaces such as bridges
and overpasses... though no major impacts on roadways are
expected as ground temperatures are very warm.
* Location... generally along and northeast of Highway 70.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
driving. Never use a generator indoors. Gas grills...
generators... and Camp stoves create deadly Carbon monoxide fumes
that will build up when used in your home.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Greene Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:05 PM EST on March 05, 2015
Statement as of 8:48 PM EST on March 05, 2015
... Flood Warning extended until Tuesday morning... the Flood Warning
the Contentnea Creek near Hookerton.
* Until Tuesday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7 PM Thursday the stage was 13.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early Tuesday morning.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... flood stage. Minor flooding of low lying
areas adjacent to creek can be expected.
Fld observed forecast 7pm
location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun
Hookerton 13 13.2 Thu 07 PM 13.2 13.2 13.1
Lat... Lon 3549 7768 3542 7744 3535 7741 3535 7747
3539 7756 3544 7771