... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Monday...
* locations... northeast Georgia... upstate South Carolina... and
western North Carolina.
* Hazards... Stout wind gusts will combine with saturated soils to
toppled some trees and a few power lines.
* Timing... gusty east to northeast winds will continue across the
area this evening... before very slowly diminishing overnight.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... saturated soils from recent rainfall may weaken root
systems and allow wind gusts to knock down trees. The falling
trees may result in power outages... block roadways... and pose a
hazard to life and property.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Keep an eye on nearby trees
when heavy showers move through... especially those east or
northeast of your home.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lincoln Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 7:29 PM EDT on October 04, 2015
Statement as of 2:37 am EDT on October 04, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Asheville NC...
A record rainfall of 2.23 inches was set at Asheville NC today. This
breaks the old record of 1.66 set in 1961.