... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM EST this
* locations... the North Carolina mountains adjacent to Tennessee
and portions of the central mountains.
* Hazards... accumulations of freezing rain... sleet and snow.
* Timing... rain will turn to freezing rain around 11 am or noon
along the highest peaks near the Tennessee border... then
freezing levels will drop through the afternoon... ending as a
period of sleet and/or snow by early evening.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of up to 1 inch... along with
around a one tenth of an inch of ice.
* Impacts... the ice and snow will create slippery roadways.
* Temperatures... in the mid 30s.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Yancey Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:31 AM EST on March 05, 2015