The Flood Warning continues for
the Haw River near Bynum.
* At 4:31 am Sunday the stage was 12.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage
* Impact... at 11.0 feet, the river widens up to 400 feet across. It
floods pasturelands on the right bank and Woodlands on the left.
The following are the latest observations and 7 am forecast stages
for the next several days.
Fld observed forecast 7 am
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Bynum 11 12.4 sun 05 am 8.2 6.3 5.3 4.8
To convert the above stage readings to above mean sea level (ft), add
the following to the stage:
Lat... Lon 3590 7918 3582 7911 3576 7905 3569 7916
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chatham Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 4:48 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
Statement as of 4:22 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Monday...
* timing... strong gusty winds will continue through sunrise
* Winds... from the northeast at 10 to 20 mph... with gusts of 30 to
35 mph today... and 20 to 30 mph tonight.
* Impacts... a few downed trees and power lines... and isolated
power outages... are possible due mainly to isolated downed
trees in very wet soil.
Falling trees and tree limbs result in numerous injuries and a
few fatalities each year in central North Carolina. If outside
during gusty winds... seek shelter indoors and stay away from
windows. Be aware of your surroundings when driving as well.