...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM MST Thursday...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 5 PM MST Thursday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will continue through the evening and taper off after midnight. Travel will become difficult with snow covered roads.
* Snow accumulations: 4 to 8 inches in the mountains with 2 to 5 inches over the surrounding plains and lower elevations.
* Winds and visibility: north winds may bring periods of drifting snow. Expect poor visibility at times.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield...Big Sandy...Fort Benton...Great Falls...Kings Hill Pass...Flesher Pass... Helena...Lincoln...MacDonald Pass...Rogers Pass
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility...and use caution while driving.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.