...High Wind Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this evening...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this evening.
* Timing and main impact: periods of strong winds are expected across the northern Rocky Mountain front through the day today. The strongest winds are likely to occur from late this morning through this afternoon. Additionally...ridge tops in the Glacier park region...including the Logan Pass area...are likely to experience the strongest wind gusts.
* Winds: sustained west winds of 35 to 45 mph...with gusts from 60 to 70 mph.
* Other impacts: strong winds could create hazardous travel for high profile vehicles...especially along high 2 from Marias Pass to East Glacier Park.
* Locations affected include: Browning...Marias Pass...Logan Pass and East Glacier Park.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.