...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through late Sunday night...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Saturday afternoon through late Sunday night.
* Timing and main impact: snow will develop and move over north central and central Montana Saturday afternoon. Travel may become difficult due to reduced visibilities and snow covered roads.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches of snow are possible over the lower elevations with 6 inches to one foot possible over the mountains of central Montana.
* Winds and visibility: winds, gusty at times, will limit visibilities in blowing snow to less than one miles at times.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield...Choteau...White Sulphur Springs...Stanford...Lewistown...Lewistown Divide... Browning...Marias Pass...Shelby...Conrad...Cut Bank...Great Falls...Kings Hill Pass...Flesher Pass...Helena...Lincoln... MacDonald Pass...Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab:
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.