The Flood Warning continues for the Mississippi River at Natchez
* until further notice.
* At 8:00 PM Thursday the stage was 50.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain steady over the next day then
continue slowly falling over the next several days.
* Impact... at 51.0 feet... water is covering the roads in old downtown
area of Fort Adams... particularly Main Street. Road to Jackson
Point is flooded.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... Carthage Point Road becomes impassable.
Flood observed forecast 6am crest
location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Natchez 48 50.6 Thu 08 PM 50.6 50.5 50.4 cresting