... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
6 am CST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from midnight tonight to 6 am CST Thursday.
* Timing and areas affected... portions of southeastern Kansas and
southwestern and central Missouri... including the greater
Interstate 44 corridor... from tonight through Thursday morning.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... a trace up to half inch of
sleet... along with two to five inches of snow. The lowest snow
and sleet amounts will be across the northern edge of the
* Ice accumulations... a trace to five hundredths of an inch of
freezing rain will be possible... mainly during the overnight
* Winds and visibility... moderate snow will likely result in
visibilities at or below one mile at times on Wednesday.
* Impacts... a combination of sleet... snow... and freezing rain will
likely result in considerable travel impacts across the area
starting late tonight... and continuing through the day on
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet...
or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Laclede Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:34 PM CST on March 03, 2015