... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from this evening through
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southern Illinois and southeast Missouri...
including the following counties... in southern Illinois...
Alexander... Jackson... Perry IL... Pulaski and Union IL. In
southeast Missouri... Bollinger... Butler... Cape Girardeau...
Carter... Mississippi... New Madrid... Perry MO... Ripley...
Scott... Stoddard and Wayne MO.
* From this evening through Saturday evening.
* Widespread rainfall from 2 to 4 inches with isolated higher
amounts is forecast.
* Small streams... creeks and ditches will likely fill and in
some cases flow out of their banks. Favored low land and poor
drainage areas will likely see standing water. Roads that
typically experience some form of minor flooding will likely
do so during this event.
* The greatest potential for flash flooding will be along streams
and rivers flowing through and out of the Mark Twain National
Forest in southeast Missouri.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flood or flash flood warnings be issued.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Perry Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:08 AM CST on November 27, 2015