Freezing Rain Advisory
Statement as of 4:14 PM CST on December 21, 2013
... Freezing Rain Advisory now in effect until midnight CST
* timing... freezing rain will continue early this morning as
temperatures remain below freezing and persist through midday.
Then temperatures will slowly rise above freezing with the
precipitation becoming all rain.
* Accumulations... one tenth to two tenths of ice possible.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
* Winds... north 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts... freezing rain will cause untreated surfaces to
become very slippery. Dangerous driving conditions can be
expected on untreated roads.
A Freezing Rain Advisory is issued when less than one-quarter
inch of ice is expected to accumulate on untreated surfaces...
such as sidewalks... driveways... roads and parking lots. Plan for
a slow trip... and use special caution when approaching bridges
and curves. Remember that ice deposited by freezing rain is often
difficult to see... so do not be caught off guard.
Local Storm Report
12/21/2013 0550 PM
10 miles E of Bernie, Warren County.
Flood, reported by trained spotter.
Two inches of fast flowing water over Road.
Nearby Radar Stations