Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:11 AM CST on December 05, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and sleet rain remains in
effect until 6 PM CST Friday.
* Short term trends... light snow will be possible late this
morning and this afternoon across the southern portions of the
advisory area. More substantial snow accumulations are not
expected until late tonight and early Friday morning for areas
north of I-44.
* Timing and areas affected... through Friday afternoon for areas
of extreme southeastern Kansas into west central Missouri north of
* Snow accumulations... roughly one to three inches of snow will be
* Winds and visibility... winds of 10 to 20 mph will be possible
and visibilities may drop below a mile during periods of
* Impacts... snowfall may cause some travel problems... especially during
the afternoon commute today and the morning commute on Friday.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and light
sleet will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:17 am CST on December 5, 2013
County location temp temp precip significant weather
Barry Roaring River sp 61 28 T
Morgan Gravois Mills 61 21 0.00
Jasper Sarcoxie 1w 56 23 0.00
Webster Niangua 64 25 0.01 sleet
Benton Edwards 6w 62 25 0.00
Laclede 1 se Morgan 65 27 0.04
stone Crane 4n 64 25 0.00
Douglas Ava 67 27 0.00
Dallas Fair Grove 3ne 59 25 T
Nearby Radar Stations