... Freezing Rain Advisory now in effect until 6 am CST Saturday...
* timing... intermittent light freezing rain is expected early this
morning. The freezing rain is expected to pick up in intensity by
mid to late morning... and then taper off late this evening. Some
sleet could mix in off and on through the day.
* Ice accumulations will range from a few hundredths of an inch in
western Missouri... to greater than a tenth of an inch in east
central Kansas through late this evening.
* Main impact... ice accumulation is possible on elevated surfaces
like bridges... power lines... and trees. Weak tree branches could
break under the weight of the ice accretion... and any untreated
sidewalks and Road surfaces will become quite slick.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Clay Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Freezing Rain Advisory
Statement as of 3:53 AM CST on November 27, 2015
Statement as of 9:41 PM CST on November 26, 2015
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Fishing River near Mosby.
* Until Saturday morning.
* At 8:48 PM Thursday the stage was 12.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 23.0 feet by Friday morning. The river will fall below
flood stage by Friday morning.
* At 18.0 feet... fields near Mosby flood and a low-water crossing on
west Road is impassable.
location fs stage day/time forecast
Mosby 18 12.0 Thu 09 PM 23.0 Friday morning
lat... Lon 3932 9433 3933 9431 3925 9415 3923 9417
Statement as of 12:32 am CST on November 27, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Kansas City international MO...
a record rainfall of 1.61 inch(es) was set at Kansas City international MO yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.19 set in 1896.