...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.
* Location...portions of far northern and northeast Missouri.
* Timing...rain will transition to snow by around 8 PM Saturday evening...and snow will continue through late Sunday afternoon or evening.
* Snow accumulations...widespread snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches are expected. Locally higher amounts of 6 to 8 inches are possible in far northeast Missouri.
* Blowing snow...north winds of 15 to 25 mph are expected by mid morning Sunday. This will likely result in periods of blowing and drifting snow.
* Impacts...the expected snow and blowing snow will make travel hazardous Saturday night and Sunday. Quickly falling temperatures on Sunday will also support freezing of wet or slushy roadways... resulting in difficult driving conditions.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.