... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM CDT this
* timing... strong south to southwest winds will persist into
the early afternoon.
* Weather conditions... southerly winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts
to 50 mph can be expected.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Murray Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 9:09 AM CDT on April 01, 2015
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:40 AM CDT on April 01, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from late Thursday morning
through early Thursday evening for strong northwest wind and low
humidity for fire weather zones 257 and 900...
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from late Thursday morning
through early Thursday evening.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 900... which is southwest
Minnesota... and fire weather zone 257... which includes De
Smet... Brookings and Sioux Falls South Dakota.
* Wind... northwest 20 to 35 mph.
* Humidity... as low as 19 to 24 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.