... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to 9 am
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Wind Chill
Advisory... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 9 am CST
* Locations... portions of central Minnesota... including
Brainerd... Aitkin... Pine City and Hinckley... as well as all of
* Wind chill values... as low as 35 below.
* Sustained winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph.
* Wind gusts... up to 25 mph.
* Frostbite time... 20 to 30 minutes on exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Aitkin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 5:08 AM CST Feb. 12, 2016 – National Weather Service